Lutsk National Technical University and «Technological Complexes» journal follow the principles of publishing ethics of Elsevier Publishing House.
Main ethical standards, which are kept by the editorial board of journal, are as follows:
- 1. Inadmissible is a plagiarism in any form. It concerns both the submission for publication of earlier published or unpublished works of other authors under the own name and also misappropriation of someone else’s ideas.
- 2. In case of taking the fragments of someone else’s publication, the author should indicate the reference.
- 3. The editorial board of “Technological Complexes” journal do not cooperate with authors who have ever applied the plagiarism in articles, submitted to journal or other publications, if this became known.
- 4. Among the requirements, specified to reviewers, there is a definition of the presence of plagiarism elements.
- 5. Editorial board shall use all efforts to reveal the plagiarism from the publications available in Internet network.
- 6. Editorial board shall appreciate any information from readers concerning the plagiarism elements, revealed by them, and violation of moral standards by authors and will publish it on the pages of journals.
- 7. “Technological Complexes” journal shall publish the works of authors of all the countries and nationalities, which investigate the problems, defined by the editorial politics.
- 8. Editorial board shall undertake commitments to reject articles, which contain appeal to terrorism, manifestation of xenophobia, insulting of other authors or citizens.
- 9. To review each article, two experts from the editorial board staff shall be at least engaged in this work or outside experts shall be invited.
- 10. The Lutsk National Technical University are ready for cooperation with other publishing houses in struggle with plagiarism and keeping the publishing ethics.
COMMITMENTS OF REVIEWERS
Editorial board of journal shall appoint reviewers from their staff or invite the outside experts. The reviewing should provide assessment of scientific value and originality of the submitted manuscript and also assistance in improvement of the author’s work. Authors of manuscript, submitted to publishing, shall recognize the reviewing as worthwhile and necessary. Having agreed to make reviewing, the future reviewer shall undertake the following commitments.
Promptness. Persons, to whom the editorial board members appeal through a chief editor for the reviewing of manuscripts of scientific works, have moral commitments concerning their prompt assessment. Otherwise, the chief editor is informed and selected reviewer is omitted from the process.
Confidentiality. Each manuscript, received for reviewing, shall be considered as a confidential document. It shall not bet given for observation and discussion with other persons, except the persons authorized by the chief editor.
Assessment of references. The fact of absence of references in manuscript, submitted for publication, should be noted and evaluated by the reviewer. In case of similarity or partial coincidence of the manuscript to publications known to the reviewer, for which the references are absent, this should be also indicated by the reviewer.
Ethic standards. Confidential information and ides of reviewed article shall not be disclosed. Materials of the reviewed article should not be used for receiving the personal benefit of the reviewer. The reviewer shall keep the standard according to which he shall not use the ideas and statements of the articles, reviewed by him, in own work and publications without a written consent of its author.
COMMITMENTS OF AUTHORS
Conformity to standards. Article shall be submitted in accordance with requirements formulated by editorial board of journal, in electron form using the sending form on site. The article shall contain the unique results of research work and reflect the relation to earlier research works made by the author personally and other scientists. The latter shall be presented both in main text and also in the form of references. In case of applying the materials from publications of other authors the article shall contain the appropriate indications and references. Swindle and unethical behavior are inadmissible.
Selection of material. The author of article can be asked to present all the original sources and materials, relevant to writing the article to be published. The author shall store these materials for some period of time before and after its publication.
Originality and plagiarism. The author of article shall guarantee that the complete original work was submitted for editorial expertise. If the author used the publications or ideas of other scientists, then this should be properly documented. Plagiarism in any form is recognized as unethical behavior and inadmissible.
Multiple, excessive, parallel publications. The author shall confirm that the article is published for the first time or shall ask to make its new publication.
In article re-publishing by the initiative of editorial board, the latter should make it only after agreement of author, editor and owner of right of intellectual property for the article.
In case of a repeated publication of the article the publisher shall give an appropriate information about this.
Confirmation of source. The author shall make references to publications, having influence on the article content.
Information, obtained privately, for example, during private discussion or correspondence, cannot be presented in the article without a written permission from the source of information. Information, the source of which is the confidential activity, in particular the reviewing of manuscripts or applications for receiving grants, cannot be used in the articles without the written permission of the author.
Authorship and co-authorship of the work. Submitting of article at co-authorship is possible if all the persons, mentioned as co-authors, made a significant contribution to the development of conception, planning, fulfillment or interpretation of the investigation being described.
Person, who contributed to a certain extent to investigation, described in the article, shall be included into acknowledgement, if the contribution is not so significant to include into the co-authors.
Author-correspondent shall provide reading and approval of the final version of the article by all the co-authors, as well as their agreement for submitting the article for publication.
Uncovering and conflict of interests. In case of conflicts of interests, including also the potential one, the author and co-authors shall inform the publisher as soon as possible.
Fundamental errors in the publication. In case of revealing the fundamental errors or inaccuracy by the author in his published work, the latter shall oblige to inform urgently about this and to cooperate with a chief editor of the journal to publish the refutation or correction of the article. If the editor finds out from the third person that the published work contains a significant error, the author shall oblige to make an urgent refutation, giving proofs to the editor about correctness of the publication or article amendment.
Revealing of plagiarism. The author shall understand that the Lutsk National Technical University undertake commitments to assist the scientific community in all aspects of realization of politics in keeping the publishing ethics, especially in cases of suspicion in duplication of article or plagiarism. Articles published by the Antipagyat system (Advego Plagiatus) are allowed for publication, according to which the uniqueness of the article is 80%.
The journal covers the problems of information technology design, modeling, optimization, structural analysis and synthesis of technological systems; modeling of the functioning of technological systems, design, algorithmization and computer-aided diagnosis of technological control systmes; development of technological systems in various industries; design of functional elements of the technological systems